Welcome, Rules, Etc. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Kimor
Kimor May 7 '16
Welcome to Gurglr!  May you all find your ideal meal or a nice, warm belly to curl up in.  Just a few ground rules before we get started:

1) Gurglr is an RP device dedicated to consensual vore RP.  It doesn't make a lot of sense as to why somebody unwilling to engage in vore would create a profile.  As such, try to avoid too much nonconsensual stuff.  

2) No humans under the age of 18. 

3) No harassment.  If you have to ask me what harassment is, it's probably harassment.

4) Please do not make repetitive posts in either site-wide chat or in comments.  Be considerate of the fact that not all users will want to have a site resource tied up like that.

That should do it for now.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

The Forum post is edited by Kimor May 13 '16
Shade Dyerwood
Shade Dyerwood May 8 '16
Can characters under the age of 18 find a belly to curl up in? Or is that a no go here?
Kimor
Kimor May 8 '16
Characters under the age of 18 are fine, until I hear otherwise from my service provider.
xilver
xilver May 8 '16
I, for my personal opinion, would rather not see underaged characters here. That could put this site into the spotlight of several legal investigations throughout the whole world, and I would not like to be linked with it. Just my view on this. Don't get yourself in trouble.
The Forum post is edited by xilver May 8 '16
Shade Dyerwood
Shade Dyerwood May 8 '16
I just want to clear up what I mean by underage, just so no one else reads this and gets offended or anything. When I say underage, I don't mean cubs or children. I'm more talking about no lower in age than 15 or so. I would hate for anyone to take offense because of a miscommunication or anything. 
Nonine
Nonine May 8 '16
Question about the first rule. As long as the roleplayers are okay with it, can the characters be unwilling? As in there's an established grounds that both people are fine with RPing.
Kimor
Kimor May 8 '16
You can do nonconsensual RP off-site, but please don't include it in your vore log.  Why would your characters be advertising themselves to be eaten if they didn't want to be eaten?
fluff
fluff May 9 '16

what specifically is temp vore?

is there any way to add more to the list of vore types? because fluff has a list that goes into detail over categorizing vore with over 20+ different titles sub types and such

how does one start a topic group?

would advise against pedo vore on site, ekas portal had a huge issue with that causing much drama and a gradual decay of the forum (as far as I heard from serabot)

Swooce
Swooce May 9 '16
^ I was wondering about temp-vore myself, it's not a term I've heard used before.
Sandy
Sandy May 9 '16

Quote from Swooce ^ I was wondering about temp-vore myself, it's not a term I've heard used before.

Temp vore is basically permavore, but temporary. Many folks who like the idea of permavore but don't like the idea of permanently getting rid of a character they may have put years of time and money into go for this instead.

As an example, I've been tempvored for up to a week. I've had one person be tempvored by me for about 3 months. Another character is ostensibly tempvored, but it's been over a year (There's stipulations where I have to let him out, but I've yet to trip one of those)

Also, perma and temp vore can have restrictions on it. Commonly, it only applies to the site where it was done so they don't need to fully get rid of the character. Sometimes it even only applies to interactions between the two characters: That character who's been tempvored for over a year by me is always food and an ex-rabbit if I taunt him, or talk to others about him, but I'm not going to go punish him for having a separate canon on the side.

It all boils down to why the individuals are drawn to perma. For me, I like the idea of it in the moment, most of my RPs and stories have the prey gone forever. But I know once the moment has passed, I'll eventually regret giving up a character I love for one simple RP. So instead he's just gone long enough for me to get bored with it and want him back. And as for my prey, it's just my own character's canon that I really care about, more so than having control over the prey, which is why I let them RP elsewhere.
Swooce
Swooce May 10 '16
^ Ah, that makes sense, thank you for explaining it, and in such detail. I knew it was to do with a temporary something.
Kimor
Kimor May 10 '16
Alright, so I've been doing some thinking regarding the underage characters bit.  Would everybody be OK with a rule that there be no characters under the age of 16?  16 is the age of consent in a wide variety of countries, and I feel like that could be a good compromise.
Luke Delfino
Luke Delfino May 10 '16
Quote from Kimor Alright, so I've been doing some thinking regarding the underage characters bit.  Would everybody be OK with a rule that there be no characters under the age of 16?  16 is the age of consent in a wide variety of countries, and I feel like that could be a good compromise.

Seems fair to me.
Keith
Keith May 10 '16
So what about characters who look to be under 16 but are not? I mean, I have some friends always tease me about Riolu being little and cute, but technically I always hold Keith's age close to my real one which is over 20. It's not my fault I'm short and adorable! ;_;
Kimor
Kimor May 10 '16
Characters who look under 16, so long as they do not explicitly state that they are under 16 and behave as adults are fine.
Billie Excalipaw
Billie Excalipaw May 10 '16
I hope this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know what trophy collecting means? I never heard about it until I joined this site.
Meyetti
Meyetti May 10 '16
i like how the age rule only restricts humans ^^
Ninja Kerova
Ninja Kerova May 11 '16

Quote from Billie Excalipaw I hope this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know what trophy collecting means? I never heard about it until I joined this site.
i to would like to know this, as i've been part of vore communities for years and never encountered this word
Kimor
Kimor May 11 '16
Trophy collecting refers to exactly what it sounds - collecting trophies from past prey, be they articles of clothing, skulls, whatever.
Kimor
Kimor May 13 '16
Rules updated regarding spamming.  More detailed rules are coming.
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is sticky